Natha Yoga Center regrets to see that JP newspaper and journalist Orla Borg are continuing their campaign of defamation against the yoga school. In their article on 7th June 2009, they attained new levels of journalistic misconduct.
Since all the journalist’s accusations are false and unproven, since the article disclosed nothing new, but only repeated the same lies (following the principle that ''a lie which is repeated will eventually become credible'') and since in our earlier replies we have already provided clear, incontrovertible answers which refute all these accusations (these replies are available on www.natha.dk) we do not see any need to answer these ridiculous accusations again. Instead, we point out some pertinent questions which this article should raise in the mind of any person who is endowed with common sense:
1. Can JP and the journalist claim to be objective and impartial (which is their journalistic duty) when it is clear that they have taken sides against Natha Yoga Center? Isn't it enough that they have made grave accusations against Natha without any real proof? Yet now, after the kommune made an investigation into the matter (an investigation that the journalist himself requested) and came to the clear conclusion that there is no reason to interrupt the public support for the yoga school – instead of accepting the kommune’s decision, the journalist attacked it!
Is this an impartial media report? It is clear that the journalist himself did not do any proper investigation into the statements he makes in his article – he has not set one foot inside Natha, he has not had a real discussion with anyone from the school and he has used sources which are extremely questionable – yet when an official investigation finds him to be wrong, he has the nerve to attack those public servants who have made the inquiry. Doesn't this behavior from a journalist and a national newspaper seem to be strange (to say the least)?
2. At the beginning of the media campaign against Natha, one might have thought that the journalist was simply irresponsible and made accusations without any investigation – without checking his sources, verifying the information and asking the accused for their response. Yet two weeks have passed since then, during which time Natha Yoga Center has provided the journalist with much indisputable evidence which proves the falseness of the allegations, and still the journalist has not even altered a word of his original accusations, instead choosing to repeat them over and over again.
It seems clear that the journalist is trying to create a “public opinion”, yet he is doing so based on the opinion of three people whose opinions are seriously skewed by personal interests. Since when is a journalist the owner of public opinion? COMPLETELY failing to present the other side’s opinion is immoral and proves that there is another purpose behind the campaign. If the journalist doesn't want to hear any explanations or proof from Natha, can it still be maintained that the journalist has any interest in the truth? And if it is not the truth then we must ask, what is driving the journalist in his campaign against Natha?
3. Natha has repeatedly sent detailed and coherent replies to JP and the journalist, yet they have refused to publish them. At best, they have occasionally allowed some short lines which they have extracted from the replies of Natha and which they have manipulated in a cynical manner. JP has refused to publish Natha's reply with the excuse that it must be made according to a certain legal formal standard.
We wonder WHY DID JP NOT SHOW THE SAME CARE FOR THE FORMAL JOURNALISTIC STANDARDS WHEN THEY PUBLISHED A ONE SIDED STORY WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR SOURCES, TWISTING THE FACTS TO THE LEGAL LIMIT WHILE REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKES AGAIN AND AGAIN?
What kind of morality do these people have by asking for a standard they themselves are breaking in public??? Why didn’t they first avoid taking care of themselves with respect to the journalistic law - a law they have severely violated several times in this press campaign against the yoga school NATHA?
It is obvious that after all their journalistic misconduct, pretending that our reply has to be formulated according to some laws we don't even know, shows a ridiculous bureaucratic excuse for trying to delay and reject Natha's right to protect its name and reputation. Moreover, in the meantime they continue to repeat the same false and unfounded accusations against Natha! What can drive a newspaper to such an attitude of power driven arrogance?
What kind of guardians of the truth are they since all these FACTS show them to be more like a “wolf in sheep’s clothing”? And it’s clear that the “wolf” with this arrogant attitude is behind this whole campaign and JP is just the “sheep’s clothing”. Then we wonder: did this hand pushing the JP campaign hope that thousand of people will remain silent and obedient when some “big newspaper” says anything even if it is just a lie? From the overwhelming response we got so far it is clear that they were wrong, people can see through them.
4. Natha's coordinating teacher and other teachers were repeatedly presented in a strange way, in order to weaken their image and to drag NATHA into a public scandal. If JP was concerned so much about the public funds, why didn't they focus only upon that? This political-type campaign in which, in parallel with the facts that you want to prove for your agenda, you also try to publicly destroy the image of the leaders of your opponent, is surprising to see against NATHA YOGA CENTER. Since when did NATHA enter politics? Since when did a national newspaper use such dirty methods? Since when did a person’s private life become the ingredient for creating a scandal - as long as this life is not breaking the law in any way?
5. Isn't it enough that for the past two weeks JP has made serious accusations against Natha, based only on the statements of 3-4 questionable sources who have their own agendas against the yoga-school, but even now the newspaper even presents these baseless accusations as indisputable facts, placing them in a “summary” of the case? This is done when the accusations are completely false and lack any real evidence to support them – and the journalist knows this very well. Doesn't this seem like manipulation techniques that we know from totalitarian regimes? Anyone can find these techniques in the communist newspapers of the Eastern Europe of old. Is this the case behind the JP campaign?
After reviewing these facts and asking ourselves these questions, there is one obvious conclusion: this is clearly a DELIBERATE SET OF ACTIONS. After “connecting these dots” we can see that it is all too much to simply be a coincidence.
What we are witnessing these days is a media campaign, lead by Orla Borg and JP (representing the facade), with a specific agenda to do as much harm to Natha Yoga Center as possible and by any means necessary. Behind this facade there are some forces that we will present in future articles.
We are confident that the intelligent reader can see through the smokescreen created by the journalists, and that the truth will prevail. As a yoga school we believe that the human being is given a chance to transform and to find the truth even in the most difficult circumstances, the only condition being that we search for it.
In the end we remind you that: “while the lie has to build itself by one mask after another, the truth never changes its face”.
On behalf of Natha Yoga Center,
Sahaj Porslund, PR Executive